Welcome to Casablanca Cafe
Since it's establishment Casablanca very quickly became the lunchtime venue of
choice for traders and visitors to East Grinstead. Our initial success was due
to our imaginative fusion of traditional English sandwiches and Mediterranean
cuisine, boosted by our Piazza, which is the only Piazza in West Sussex.
- Many of our customers have asked this question at some point, and there is no
simple answer, but the Midland Bank which has been the owner for the last 100
years, left us with Moroccan-esque arches and white stone, hence Casa Blanca which
is French or Spanish or something for White House. So there you go it’s not
completely irrelevant and I hope this satisfies the whingers who thought it should
have been called 'The Old Bank'.
- We also have some brilliant art work, donated and lent to us, much of it is film
related, and the Humphrey Bogart picture that arrived was proof enough that the
name was a winner.
Character and Cuisine
- We wanted to be a great coffee shop and sandwich bar. We also wanted to try
out a few things on our unsuspecting customers and see what clicked. Our Falafels
for example were an outrageous success, who would have guessed that? Now they
are freshly made on a daily basis, and still as popular as ever.
- All our sandwich fillings, salads, quiches, lasagna and chili, are made by us
on the premises. Sandwiches, baguettes, pannini's are crafted to your requirements
when you order. We don't sun-dry our own tomatoes but we pretty much do everything
else from humus to coronation chicken. I am pretty sure no one else goes to this
- We have also become renowned for extracurricular activities - we put on great
private functions and great public functions including wine tasting experiences
and the Casablanca showcase where local artists practice their music to appreciative
audiences. Read more...